what is difference between ahorse and horseback
From a- + horse.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈhɔːs/
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈhɔɹs/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)s
ahorse (not comparable)
- (archaic) On the back of a horse; on horseback.
- Hoares, ashore, hearos, hoarse, shoare
From Middle English horsebacke, horsebak, horsbak, equivalent to horse + back.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈhɔɹsˌbæk/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈhɔːsˌbæk/
horseback (plural horsebacks)
- (usually with on, upon, etc.) The back of a horse.
- A ridge of sand, gravel, and boulders.
- (ridge): esker
- angels on horseback
- devils on horseback
horseback (not comparable)
- On the back of a horse.
- He rode horseback into town.
- ahorse, ahorseback, on horseback
Please follow and like us: