what is difference between backcloth and backdrop
back + cloth
backcloth (plural backcloths)
- The painted scenery at the back of a stage; the backdrop.
From back + drop
- IPA(key): /ˈbæk.dɹɒp/
backdrop (plural backdrops)
- A decorated cloth hung at the back of a stage.
- An image that serves as a visual background.
- The setting or background of an acted performance.
- (figuratively) Any background situation.
- Against a backdrop of falling interest rates, the new savings account is looking less appealing.
backdrop (third-person singular simple present backdrops, present participle backdropping, simple past and past participle backdropped)
- (transitive) To serve as a backdrop for.
- drop back, drop-back, dropback