what is difference between bactericidal and disinfectant
From bacteri(um) + -cidal.
bactericidal (not comparable)
- That kills bacteria.
- Of or pertaining to a bactericide.
bactericidal (plural bactericidals)
- A bactericide.
Borrowed from French désinfectant.
- (UK) IPA(key): /dɪs.ɪnˈfɛktənt/
disinfectant (not comparable)
- Serving to kill germs or viruses.
disinfectant (plural disinfectants)
- A substance that kills germs and/or viruses.
- sunlight is the best disinfectant
- antiseptic or antibiotic (when used on living organisms)