what is difference between battlemented and embattled
battlement + -ed
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈbætl̩mɛntəd/
battlemented (comparative more battlemented, superlative most battlemented)
- Furnished with battlements, as the ramparts of a city or castle.
- battlemented in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ɪmˈbæt.əld/
- (US) IPA(key): /ɛmˈbæt.əld/, /ɪmˈbæt.əld/
embattled (comparative more embattled, superlative most embattled)
- Subject to or troubled by battles, controversy or debates.
- Prepared or armed for battle.
- Of a wall, fortress, etc., having battlements or crenellations.
- (heraldry) Drawn with a line of alternating square indentations and extensions.
- Synonym: crenellé
- simple past tense and past participle of embattle
Please follow and like us: