what is difference between battleship and battlewagon
battle + ship; shortened from line-of-battle ship, attested 1794.
battleship (plural battleships)
- (military) Large capital warship displacing tens of thousands of tons, heavily armoured and armed with big guns. Battleships are now obsolescent, replaced by smaller vessels with guided missiles.
- Non-functional rocket stage, used for configuration and integration tests.
- A guessing game played on grid paper, see Battleship (game)
(type of warship):
- aircraft carrier
- Douglas Harper (2001–2021), “battleship”, in Online Etymology Dictionary.
battle + wagon
battlewagon (plural battlewagons)
- A heavily armed combat vehicle, as a war chariot or battleship.
- battle wagon
- battle waggon
Please follow and like us: