what is difference between beating and whipping
- IPA(key): /ˈbiːtɪŋ/
- Rhymes: -iːtɪŋ
beating (plural beatings)
- The action by which someone or something is beaten.
- the beating of a drum
- secret beatings of prisoners
- A heavy defeat or setback.
- The pulsation of the heart.
- present participle and gerund of beat
- IPA(key): /ˈwɪpɪŋ/
whipping (countable and uncountable, plural whippings)
- (countable) The punishment of being whipped.
- (countable) A heavy defeat; a thrashing.
- (uncountable) A cooking technique in which air is incorporated into cream etc.
- (countable) A cord or thread used to lash or bind something.
- (nautical, whipping) The lashing of the end of a rope. (FM 55-501).
- (bookbinding) The sewing of the edges of single leaves in sections by overcasting the thread.
- Synonym: whipstitching
- present participle of whip
Please follow and like us: