what is difference between beech and beechwood
From Middle English beche, from Old English bēċe, from Proto-West Germanic *bōkijā (“beech”). Doublet of buky.
- enPR: bēch, IPA(key): /biːt͡ʃ/
- Rhymes: -iːtʃ
- Homophone: beach
beech (plural beeches)
- A tree of the genus Fagus having a smooth, light grey trunk, oval, pointed leaves and many branches.
- The wood of the beech tree.
- beech tree
beech + wood
beechwood (countable and uncountable, plural beechwoods)
- The wood of beech trees (Fagus spp.).
- A wood largely populated with beech trees.