what is difference between betise and folly
From Old French folie (“madness”), from the adjective fol (“mad, insane”).
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈfɑli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɒli/
- Rhymes: -ɒli
- Hyphenation: fol‧ly
folly (plural follies)
- Foolishness that results from a lack of foresight or lack of practicality.
- Thoughtless action resulting in tragic consequence.
- (architecture) A fanciful building built for purely ornamental reasons.
- folly on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
Please follow and like us: