what is difference between bilharzia and schistosomiasis
After the German physician Theodor Bilharz.
bilharzia (countable and uncountable, plural bilharzias)
- (pathology) The parasitic disease schistosomiasis
- bilharzia on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
schistosome + -iasis.
From scientific name Schistosoma + Ancient Greek -σις (-sis, nouns of action) (English -sis).
schistosomiasis (countable and uncountable, plural schistosomiases)
- (pathology) Any of various diseases of humans caused by parasitic blood flukes of the genus Schistosoma.
- Synonyms: bilharzia, bilharziasis, bilharziosis, snail fever
- 1997, Roy Porter, The Greatest Benefit to Mankind, Folio Society 2016, p. 18:
- Investigation of Egyptian mummies has revealed calcified eggs in liver and kidney tissues, proving the presence of schistosomiasis in ancient Egypt.
- schistosomiasis on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- schistosomiasis on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons