what is difference between birthmark and nevus
From birth + mark. Displaced earlier terms longing mark and mother’s mark.
birthmark (plural birthmarks)
- A mark on the skin formed before birth.
- birthmark on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
Borrowed from Latin naevus.
nevus (plural nevi)
- (anatomy) Any of a number of different, usually benign, pigmented, raised or otherwise abnormal lesions of the skin.
- Hyponyms: birthmark, mole
- Most birthmarks and moles fall into the category of nevi.
- Mongolian spot
- Venus, venus
Please follow and like us: