what is difference between blamable and blameworthy
From Middle English blamable, blameable, equivalent to blame + -able.
- IPA(key): /ˈbleɪməbəl/
blamable (comparative more blamable, superlative most blamable)
- Deserving blame
- inflection of blamabel:
- strong/mixed nominative/accusative feminine singular
- strong nominative/accusative plural
- weak nominative all-gender singular
- weak accusative feminine/neuter singular
- Alternative form of blameable
From Middle English blame worthy, blame-worthy, equivalent to blame + -worthy.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈbleɪmˌwɜː(ɹ).ði/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈbleɪmˌwɚ.ði/
blameworthy (comparative more blameworthy, superlative most blameworthy)
- Deserving blame or censure; reprehensible.
- Yes, my life has been blameworthy; I confess it. But you know nothing of its temptations.