what is difference between boasting and jactitation
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈboʊstɪŋ/
- present participle of boast
boasting (plural boastings)
- The making of boasts.
- boatings, bostangi
From Medieval Latin jactitio, from iactitō (“throw, fling; boast, brag; utter, mention”).
- IPA(key): /ˌdʒæktɪˈteɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
jactitation (countable and uncountable, plural jactitations)
- Bragging or boasting, especially in a false manner to another’s detriment.
- A false pretense of being married to somebody.
- (medicine) Extreme restlessness; tossing and turning in bed.
Please follow and like us: