what is difference between bobwhite and partridge
bobwhite (plural bobwhites)
- Any one of four species of quail in the genus Colinus, of the bird family Odontophoridae, limited to the Americas.
- crested bobwhite
- northern bobwhite
- spot-bellied bobwhite
- Yucatan bobwhite
From Middle English partrich, partriche, pertriche, perdriz, from Old French perdriz, partriz, from Latin perdīx (“partridge”), from Ancient Greek πέρδιξ (pérdix, “partridge”), probably from πέρδομαι (pérdomai, “to fart”).
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈpɑːtɹɪd͡ʒ/
- (US) enPR: pärʹtrĭj, IPA(key): /ˈpɑɹtɹɪd͡ʒ/
partridge (plural partridges or partridge)
- (ornithology) Any bird of a number of genera in the family Phasianidae, notably in the genera Perdix and Alectoris.
- (obsolete, military) A type cannon charge composed of several missiles fired all together, similar to langrage or case-shot. Also a large cannon that shoots stones.
- partridge on Wikipedia.Wikipedia