what is difference between bombardon and helicon
French bombardon, from Italian bombardone.
bombardon (plural bombardons)
- (music) A brass instrument, the bass version of the tuba.
- (music) A bass instrument of the shawm family
- A organ pedal stop at 32′ pitch which imitates the sound of the above mentioned instruments.
Borrowed from French bombardon, from Italian bombardone.
- IPA(key): /ˌbɔm.bɑrˈdɔn/
- Hyphenation: bom‧bar‧don
- Rhymes: -ɔn
bombardon m (plural bombardons, diminutive bomdardonnetje n)
- bombardon, bass tuba
From Italian bombardone
- IPA(key): /bɔ̃.baʁ.dɔ̃/
bombardon m (plural bombardons)
- bombardon, certain bass instruments, notably a tuba
- “bombardon” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
From French bombardon.
bombardon n (plural bombardoane)
Probably from Ancient Greek ἕλῐξ (hélix) + -on, after bombardon.
helicon (plural helicons)
- (music) A large tuba whose coils fit around the player’s shoulders.
- Coordinate terms: sousaphone, tuba
- (physics) A low-frequency electromagnetic wave observed in various plasmas.
- helicon (instrument) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- helicon (physics) on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Nichole, choline
- accusative singular of helico
From French hélicon.
helicon n (plural helicoane)
- (music) helicon