what is difference between bootblack and shoeblack
boot + black
bootblack (plural bootblacks)
- (dated) A shoeshine boy; a person who shines shoes as an occupation.
bootblack (third-person singular simple present bootblacks, present participle bootblacking, simple past and past participle bootblacked)
- (transitive) To shine shoes.
shoe + black
shoeblack (plural shoeblacks)
- One who cleans and polishes shoes (and boots) as an occupation.
- (cleaner of shoes and boots): bootblack, boots, shoeshine boy, shoeshine girl, shoeshiner
- shoeblackplant, shoeblack plant