what is difference between boracic and boric
From Medieval Latin borax (genitive boracis), itself via Arabic بَوْرَق (bawraq), from Persian بوره (būra).
boracic (not comparable)
- Relating to, or impregnated with borax.
- (dated, inorganic chemistry) Synonym of boric.
- boracic acid
- boracic lint
Shortened from boracic lint (“skint”).
boracic (comparative more boracic, superlative most boracic)
- (Cockney rhyming slang) penniless
- skint (British)
- See also Thesaurus:impoverished
- Webster’s Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967
- Rhymes: -ɔːrɪk
boric (not comparable)
- (chemistry) Of, pertaining to, or containing the element boron.
- cribo, orbic
From French borique
boric m or n (feminine singular borică, masculine plural borici, feminine and neuter plural borice)