what is difference between breadbasket and tummy
From bread + basket.
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɛdbɑːskɨt/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈbɹɛdˌbæskɪ̈t/
- Hyphenation: bread‧bas‧ket
breadbasket (plural breadbaskets)
- A basket used for storing or carrying bread.
- (agriculture) A region which has favourable conditions to produce a large quantity of grain or, by extension, other food products; a food bowl.
- Synonym: granary
- (humorous) The abdomen or stomach, especially as a vulnerable part of the body in an attack.
- bread basket, bread-basket
- (region): rice bowl
- Molotov breadbasket
- breadbasket of Europe
Imitating a child’s attempt to say stomach, via archaic colloquialism stummy.
- IPA(key): /ˈtʌm.i/
- Rhymes: -ʌmi
tummy (plural tummies)
- (colloquial, often childish) Stomach or belly.
- Synonym: belly
- (US, slang) Protruding belly, paunch.
- Synonyms: see Thesaurus:paunch
- gyppy tummy
- tummy button
- tummy time
- tummy tuck
- belly (referring to abdomen, not stomach)
Please follow and like us: