what is difference between brightness and smartness
From Middle English bryghtnes, brightnesse, from Old English beorhtnes (“brightness, splendor”), equivalent to bright + -ness.
- IPA(key): /ˈbɹaɪtnəs/
- Hyphenation: bright‧ness
brightness (usually uncountable, plural brightnesses)
- The quality of being bright.
- The perceived luminance of an object.
- Intelligence, cleverness.
- See also Thesaurus:intelligence
From Middle English smartnesse, smertnesse, equivalent to smart + -ness.
smartness (countable and uncountable, plural smartnesses)
- (uncountable) The state or quality of being smart, intelligence.
- (countable) The result or product of being smart.