what is difference between brome and bromegrass
(This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.)
Ancient Greek βρόμος (brómos) (“oat, wild oat”)
- IPA(key): /bɹəʊm/
brome (countable and uncountable, plural bromes)
- Any grass of the genus Bromus.
- (chemistry, obsolete) bromine
- cheat grass, cheatgrass
- B-more, Bomer, omber, ombre
- IPA(key): /bʁom/
brome m (uncountable)
- brome (plant)
- Lingala: bomo
- “brome” in Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- ombre, ombré
- vocative singular of bromos
brome + grass
bromegrass (countable and uncountable, plural bromegrasses)
- Any of various North American grasses, of the genus Bromus, that are used for forage.