what is difference between buccaneering and piracy
buccaneering (comparative more buccaneering, superlative most buccaneering)
- bold, reckless and unscrupulous
buccaneering (usually uncountable, plural buccaneerings)
- robbery on the high seas; piracy
- present participle of buccaneer
- IPA(key): /ˈpaɪɹəsi/
piracy (countable and uncountable, plural piracies)
- (nautical) Robbery at sea, a violation of international law; taking a ship away from the control of those who are legally entitled to it.
- Synonym: pirateship
- A similar violation of international law, such as hijacking of an aircraft.
- The unauthorized duplication of goods protected by intellectual property law.
- The operation of an unlicensed radio or television station.
- (ornithology) Kleptoparasitism.
- (robbery at sea): buccaneerism
- (breaking intellectual property law by making unauthorized copies): bootlegging, file sharing
- pirate radio