what is difference between budgie and lovebird
From a clipping of budgerigar + -ie.
- IPA(key): /ˈbʌdʒi/
- Rhymes: -ʌdʒi
budgie (plural budgies)
- (informal) A budgerigar.
- love bird, love-bird
From love + bird.
lovebird (plural lovebirds)
- Any small parrot from one of the nine species within the genus Agapornis. Sometimes they are kept as cage birds and are noted for their affection towards each other.
- (figuratively, usually in the plural) One of the members of an openly affectionate couple.
- black-cheeked lovebird, Agapornis nigrigenis
- black-collared lovebird (Swindern’s lovebird), Agapornis swindernianus
- black-winged lovebird (Abyssinian lovebird), Agapornis taranta
- Fischer’s lovebird, Agapornis fischeri
- grey-headed lovebird (Madagascar lovebird), Agapornis canus
- Lilian’s lovebird (Nyasa lovebird), Agapornis lilianae
- red-headed lovebird (red-faced lovebird), Agapornis pullarius
- rosy-faced lovebird (peach-faced lovebird), Agapornis roseicollis
- yellow-collared lovebird (masked lovebird), Agapornis personatus,
- → Japanese: ラブバード (rabubādo)
lovebird (third-person singular simple present lovebirds, present participle lovebirding, simple past and past participle lovebirded)
- (intransitive) To express romantic affection openly.
- Synonym: bill and coo
- lovebird on Wikipedia.Wikipedia