what is difference between bulrush and nailrod
From Middle English bulrish, perhaps from bule (“bull”) (in the sense of “large”) plus rish (“rush”).
bulrush (plural bulrushes)
- Any of several wetland plants, mostly in the family Cyperaceae (the sedges):
- (Americas) Sedges in the genera Bolboschoenus or Schoenoplectus (formerly considered Scirpus), having clusters of spikelets.
- (Britain) Cattails or reedmace, in the genus Typha
- (biblical) A plant referred to in the story of Moses as growing along the banks of the Nile, which is believed to be the papyrus (Cyperus papyrus).
- bulrush on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Cyperaceae on Wikispecies.Wikispecies
- Cyperaceae on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
Please follow and like us: