what is difference between burnside and sideburn
From Ambrose Burnside
burnside (plural burnsides)
- (especially in plural) A moustache, with whiskers on the cheeks but with no beard on the chin
This was later reformed as sideburn, see there.
- Burdines, Rubenids, sideburn
An anagram of burnside, named after General Ambrose Burnside.
sideburn (plural sideburns)
- singular of sideburns
- His left sideburn was longer than the other one.
side + burn
- (Britain, smoking) The unwanted rapid burning down one side of a cigarette that has been ineptly rolled.
- “sideburn”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- Burdines, Burnside, Rubenids, burnside