what is difference between butterfish and stromateid
From butter + fish.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈbʌtəfɪʃ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈbʌtəɹfɪʃ/
butterfish (plural butterfish or butterfishes)
- Any of various species of fish having a slippery mucous coating, especially
- Perciform fish of the family Stromateidae, including the genera Pampus, Peprilus and Stromateus.
- A rock gunnel, Pholis gunnellus, an eel-like fish found in the intertidal and subtidal zones of the North Atlantic.
- The New Zealand fish Odax pullus, also known as greenbone.
- (obsolete) The Murray perch, Oligorus mitchelli; an Australian perciform fish of Murray river, now known as trout cod, Maccullochella macquariensis , .
stromateid (plural stromateids)
- (ichthyology) Any fish in the family Stromateidae, the butterfishes.
- meditators, misrotated, moderatist, trematoids
Please follow and like us: