what is difference between carrageenan and carrageenin
From carrageen + -an, an alternative form of -in.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌkɛɹəˈɡinən/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkæɹəˈɡiːnən/
- Hyphenation: car‧ra‧geen‧an
carrageenan (usually uncountable, plural carrageenans)
- A food additive made from a purified extract of red seaweed, commonly used as a thickening agent.
- E407 when used as a thickener, stabiliser, gelling agent and emulsifier
carrageenin (usually uncountable, plural carrageenins)
- Alternative form of carrageenan
Please follow and like us: