what is difference between cephalalgia and headache
- cephalalgy, cephalgy (dated)
Borrowed from Ancient Greek κεφαλαλγίᾱ (kephalalgíā); equivalent to cephal- + -algia.
- IPA(key): /ˌsɛfəˈlæld͡ʒə/
- Hyphenation: ceph‧al‧al‧gia
cephalalgia (countable and uncountable, plural cephalalgias)
- (medicine) A pain in the head; headache.
- headach (obsolete)
From Middle English hevedeche, from Old English hēafodeċe, equivalent to head + ache.
- IPA(key): /ˈhɛdeɪk/
headache (plural headaches)
- A pain or ache in the head.
- (figuratively) A nuisance or unpleasant problem.
- (physical pain): cephalalgia
- (annoyance): bother, pain in the neck
- tension headache