what is difference between chinaberry and jaboncillo
From China + berry.
chinaberry (plural chinaberries)
- (US) The bead tree or azedarac, Melia azedarach, a deciduous tree in the mahogany family Meliaceae, native to India, southern China and Australia, or its fruit.
- (US) The soapberry (genus Sapindus, especially Sapindus saponaria), native to the Americas.
- (US) Actaea rubra, a poisonous herbaceous flowering plant in the family Ranunculaceae, native to North America.
- (Melia azedarach): azedarach, Persian lilac, white cedar, cape lilac, syringa, bead tree
- (Actaea rubra): red baneberry, doll’s eye
From jabón, from Late Latin sāpō, sāpōnis, from Proto-Germanic *saipǭ, see English soap and German Seife.
jaboncillo m (plural jaboncillos)
- (Columbia) soapberry
- Synonyms: (Columbia) chambimbe, (Peru) choloque, (Costa Rica) chumico, (Bolivia) isotoubo, (Ecuador) jorupe, (Chile) marikulu, (El Salvador, Nicaragua) pacún, (Venezuela) paraparo