what is difference between clearly and distinctly
From Middle English clerli, clerely, clerelych, cleerliche, clerliche, equivalent to clear + -ly.
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈklɪɹli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈklɪəli/
- (Scotland) IPA(key): /ˈkliːɹli/
clearly (comparative clearlier or more clearly, superlative clearliest or most clearly)
- (manner) In a clear manner.
- (modal) Without a doubt; obviously.
- (degree) To a degree clearly discernible.
- (without a doubt): expressly, unambiguously; see also Thesaurus:explicitly or Thesaurus:obviously
- Callery, Carlyle, cellary
distinct + -ly
- IPA(key): /dɪsˈtɪŋktli/
distinctly (comparative more distinctly, superlative most distinctly)
- In a distinct manner.