what is difference between cocksfoot and cockspur
From cock + -s- + foot.
cocksfoot (plural cocksfoots)
- Any of the genus Dactylis of Eurasian and North African bluegrasses.
- cock’s-spur (obsolete)
From Middle English cokkispore, equivalent to cock + spur.
cockspur (plural cockspurs)
- A blade for tying to the foot of a gamecock.
- Synonym: gaff
- A kind of grass (Echinochloa crus-galli).
- Synonyms: barnyard grass, barnyard millet, cockspur grass, common barnyard grass, Japanese millet, water grass
- A kind of hawthorn (Crataegus crus-galli).
- Synonyms: cockspur hawthorn, cockspur thorn
Please follow and like us: