what is difference between considerably and substantially
considerable + -ly
- IPA(key): /kənˈsɪdəɹəbli/
- Hyphenation: con‧sid‧er‧a‧bly
considerably (comparative more considerably, superlative most considerably)
- Significantly; to a degree worth considering.
- The situation has improved considerably.
- The situation is considerably better.
substantial + -ly
substantially (comparative more substantially, superlative most substantially)
- In a strong substantial manner; considerably.
- To a great extent; in essence; essentially.
- Without material qualifications.
- (in a strong substantial manner): majorly, significantly, uberly
- (to a great extent): at heart, deep down; see also Thesaurus:fundamentally
- (without material qualifications):