what is difference between dermatomycosis and dermatophytosis
dermato- + mycosis
dermatomycosis (countable and uncountable, plural dermatomycoses)
- Any of various skin diseases caused by fungi.
dermatophyte + -osis
dermatophytosis (countable and uncountable, plural dermatophytoses)
- (medicine) A fungal infection of the skin caused by a dermatophyte, ringworm.
- athlete’s foot, tinea pedis
- beard ringworm, barber’s itch, tinea barbae
- body ringworm, tinea corporis
- jock itch, tinea cruris
- nail ringworm, tinea unguium
- scalp ringworm, tinea capitis (Trichophyton tonsurans)
Please follow and like us: