what is difference between deterioration and impairment
Borrowed from French détérioration; morphologically deteriorate + -ion.
- (UK) IPA(key): /dɪˌtɪəɹɪəˈɹeɪʃən/, (proscribed) /dɪˌtɪəɹɪˈeɪʃən/
- (US) IPA(key): /dəˌti.ɹi.əˈɹeɪ.ʃən/, (proscribed) /dəˌtiɹiˈeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
deterioration (countable and uncountable, plural deteriorations)
- The process of making or growing worse, or the state of having grown worse.
- Synonym: retrogression
- Antonym: amelioration
- empairment (rare)
impair + -ment
impairment (countable and uncountable, plural impairments)
- The result of being impaired
- A deterioration or weakening
- A disability or handicap
- an inefficient part or factor.
- (accounting) A downward revaluation, a write-down.