what is difference between eightvo and octavo
eightvo (plural not attested)
- (printing) octavo
octavo (plural octavos)
- (paper, printing) A sheet of paper 7 to 10 inches (= 17.78 to 25.4 cm) high and 4.5 to 6 inches (= 11.43 to 15.24 cm) wide, the size varying with the large original sheet used to create it. It is made by folding the original sheet three times to produce eight leaves.
- (printing) A book of octavo pages.
- (paper size): 8º, 8vo
- (book size): 8º, 8vo, O
- dative masculine singular of octāvus
- dative neuter singular of octāvus
- ablative masculine singular of octāvus
- ablative neuter singular of octāvus
Borrowed from Latin octāvus. Compare the inherited form ochavo.
- IPA(key): /okˈtabo/, [okˈt̪a.β̞o]
octavo (feminine octava, masculine plural octavos, feminine plural octavas)
octavo m (plural octavos)