what is difference between electrician and lineman
From electric + -ian.
electrician (plural electricians)
- A tradesman who installs, repairs and maintains electrical wiring and equipment.
- (archaic) A scientist who studies electricity.
- electrician on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
electrician m (plural electricians, feminine electriciana, feminine plural electricianas)
Borrowed from French électricien.
- IPA(key): /e.lek.tri.t͡ʃiˈan/
electrician m (plural electricieni, feminine equivalent electriciană)
- electrician in DEX online – Dicționare ale limbii române (Dictionaries of the Romanian language)
line + -man
lineman (plural linemen)
- a person who installs and repairs overhead cables (either power or telephone); a linesman
- (American football) a player who specializes in play at the line of scrimmage
- “lineman”, in Lexico, Dictionary.com; Oxford University Press, 2019–present.
- Lemnian, melanin