what is difference between epha and ephah
epha (plural ephas)
- (historical units of measure) Alternative spelling of ephah
- HAPE, HEPA, heap, hep A
From Hebrew אֵיפָה (eifá), from Egyptian jpt (“oipe, a dry measure of volume about 19.2 liters”). Doublet of oipe.
ephah (plural ephahs)
- (historical units of measure) A former Hebrew unit of dry volume (about 23 L).
- Ye shall have just balances, and a just ephah, and a just bath. The ephah and the bath shall be of one measure, that the bath may contain the tenth part of an homer, and the ephah the tenth part of an homer: the measure thereof shall be after the homer.
- cab, kab (1⁄18 ephah); omer, issaron (1⁄10 ephah); seah (1⁄3 ephah); lethek, lethech (5 ephahs); homer, chomer, cor, kor (10 ephahs)
- “Weights and Measures” at Oxford Biblical Studies Online
Please follow and like us: