what is difference between exhaustively and thoroughly
- exhaustive + -ly.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ɛɡˈzɔː.stɪv.li/
- (US) IPA(key): /ɛɡˈzɑ.stɪv.li/
exhaustively (comparative more exhaustively, superlative most exhaustively)
- In an exhaustive manner.
- See also Thesaurus:completely
thorough + -ly
- thorowly (obsolete)
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /θʌ.ɹə.liː/
- (US) IPA(key): /θɜːɹ.ə.lɪ/ (accents with the hurry–furry merger)
- (accents with the hurry–furry merger)
thoroughly (comparative more thoroughly, superlative most thoroughly)
- In a thorough or complete manner.
- He went out in the rain and came back thoroughly drenched.
- but good, in spades; see also Thesaurus:completely
Please follow and like us: