what is difference between expender and spender
expend + -er
expender (plural expenders)
- One who expends.
Borrowed from Latin expendere, present active infinitive of expendō.
- IPA(key): /ekspenˈdeɾ/, [eks.pẽn̪ˈd̪eɾ]
expender (first-person singular present expendo, first-person singular preterite expendí, past participle expendido)
- to sell (retail), to handle, deal in
- Synonym: vender
- to sell on commission
- to disburse, spend, lay out (money)
- Synonym: gastar
- (law) to circulate or pass (counterfeit money)
- “expender” in Diccionario de la lengua española, Vigésima tercera edición, Real Academia Española, 2014.
From Middle English spendere, equivalent to spend + -er.
spender (plural spenders)
- A person who spends money.
- last of the big spenders
- Penders, respend