what is difference between externally and outwardly
external + -ly
externally (comparative more externally, superlative most externally)
- on the surface or the outside
From Middle English outwardly, outwardli, utwardliche, equivalent to outward + -ly.
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈaʊtwədli/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈaʊtwɚdli/
- Externally or on the outside, or on the surface.
- toward the outside
- (externally): apparently, superficially, to all appearances; see also Thesaurus:ostensibly
- outwardli, outwardlye, utwardly, utwardlye, utwardliche, outewardly
From outward + -ly.
- IPA(key): /ˈuːtwardliː/, /ˈuːtwaːrdliː/
- (rare) While located at the exterior
- (rare) While seen at the exterior; seeming to be
- secularly; without religious influence
- Without secrecy or deception
- English: outwardly
- “ǒutwā̆rdlī, adv.”, in MED Online, Ann Arbor, Mich.: University of Michigan, 2007, retrieved 2018-04-12.