what is difference between fabrication and manufacturing
From Middle French fabrication, from Latin fabricatio
- (US) IPA(key): /fæbɹɪˈkeɪʃən/
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
fabrication (countable and uncountable, plural fabrications)
- (uncountable) The act of fabricating, framing, or constructing; construction; manufacture
- the fabrication of a bridge, a church, or a government
- (countable) That which is fabricated; a falsehood
- The story is doubtless a fabrication.
- (cooking) The act of cutting up an animal carcass as preparation for cooking; butchery.
- IPA(key): /fa.bʁi.ka.sjɔ̃/
fabrication f (plural fabrications)
- manufacture, manufacturing
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌmænjəˈfækt͡ʃəɹɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌmænjʊˈfækt͡ʃəɹɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: man‧u‧fac‧tur‧ing
manufacturing (usually uncountable, plural manufacturings)
- The transformation of raw materials into finished products, usually on a large scale.
- The industry in which such products are made.
manufacturing (not comparable)
- Used in manufacturing.
- present participle of manufacture