what is difference between fertilise and inseminate
fertile + -ise
fertilise (third-person singular simple present fertilises, present participle fertilising, simple past and past participle fertilised)
- Non-Oxford British English standard spelling of fertilize.
- IPA(key): /fɛʁ.ti.liz/
- Homophones: fertilisent, fertilises
- first-person singular present indicative of fertiliser
- third-person singular present indicative of fertiliser
- first-person singular present subjunctive of fertiliser
- third-person singular present subjunctive of fertiliser
- second-person singular imperative of fertiliser
From Latin inseminatus, past participle of inseminare (“to sow”). See seminate.
inseminate (third-person singular simple present inseminates, present participle inseminating, simple past and past participle inseminated)
- To sow (to disperse or plant seeds).
- To impregnate (to cause to become pregnant).