what is difference between fettered and shackled
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈfɛtəd/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈfɛtɚd/
- simple past tense and past participle of fetter
fettered (comparative more fettered, superlative most fettered)
- Bound by chains or shackles.
- (by extension) Restricted.
- (zoology) Of the feet: bent backward and apparently unfit for walking.
- (bound by chains): bound, chained, shackled
- (restricted): restricted
shackled (not comparable)
- Restrained by shackles, chained.
- simple past tense and past participle of shackle
Please follow and like us: