what is difference between fiery and igneous
From Middle English firi, from fir (“fire”). Equivalent to fire + -y.
- IPA(key): /ˈfaɪəɹi/
- Rhymes: -aɪəɹi
fiery (comparative more fiery or fierier, superlative most fiery or fieriest)
- Of or relating to fire.
- Burning or glowing.
- Inflammable or easily ignited.
- Having the colour of fire.
- Hot or inflamed.
- Tempestuous or emotionally volatile.
- Spirited or filled with emotion.
- fiery cross
- firey, reify
From Latin igneus (“fiery”).
- IPA(key): /ˈɪɡ.ni.əs/
igneous (not comparable)
- Pertaining to or having the nature of fire; containing fire; resembling fire.
- (geology) Resulting from, or produced by, great heat. With rocks, it could also mean formed from lava or magma.
- igneous rock on Wikipedia.Wikipedia