what is difference between firmly and securely
firm + -ly
- (General American) IPA(key): /fɝmli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /fɜːmli/
- Hyphenation: firm‧ly
firmly (comparative firmlier or more firmly, superlative firmliest or most firmly)
- (manner) In a firm or definite or strong manner.
- (manner) Securely.
secure + -ly
- (General American) IPA(key): /səˈkjʊɹli/, /səˈkjɝli/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /səˈkjʊəli/, /səˈkjɔːli/
- Hyphenation: se‧cure‧ly
securely (comparative more securely, superlative most securely)
- (manner) In a secure manner; without fear or apprehension; without danger
- Synonym: safely
- securely in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
Please follow and like us: