what is difference between flagellate and mastigophoran
Latin flagellum (“whip”)
- Rhymes: -ɛlət
flagellate (third-person singular simple present flagellates, present participle flagellating, simple past and past participle flagellated)
- (transitive) To whip or scourge.
flagellate (comparative more flagellate, superlative most flagellate)
- Resembling a whip.
- (biology) Having flagella.
flagellate (plural flagellates)
- (biology) Any organism that has flagella.
- inflection of flagellare:
- second-person plural present indicative
- second-person plural imperative
- feminine plural of flagellato
- second-person plural present active imperative of flagellō
mastigophoran (plural mastigophorans)
- (zoology) Any member of superclass Mastigophora of protozoa.
- Synonym: mastigophore
- (botany) Any member of the genus Mastigophora of liverworts.