what is difference between flinty and granitic
From flint + -y.
- IPA(key): /ˈflɪnti/
- Rhymes: -ɪnti
flinty (comparative flintier or more flinty, superlative flintiest or most flinty)
- Resembling or containing flint.
- (geology) Siliceous (including basanite).
- flinty rock; flinty slate
- Showing a lack of emotion.
- Having a taste characteristic of certain white wines, especially Chablis, supposed to evoke the sensation of flint striking steel.
- IPA(key): /ˈflʲin.tɨ/
- inflection of flinta:
- genitive singular
- nominative/accusative/vocative plural
granite + -ic
granitic (comparative more granitic, superlative most granitic)
- Of, pertaining to, or containing granite.
From French granitique
granitic m or n (feminine singular granitică, masculine plural granitici, feminine and neuter plural granitice)