what is difference between flogging and tanning
- IPA(key): /ˈflɒɡɪŋ/
flogging (countable and uncountable, plural floggings)
- Infliction of punishment by dealing blows or whipping.
- What lawbreakers like that need is a good flogging. Do that and watch the crime rate plummet.
- present participle of flog
- IPA(key): /ˈtænɪŋ/
- present participle of tan
tanning (countable and uncountable, plural tannings)
- The process of making leather, which does not easily decompose, from the skins of animals, which do.
- The acquisition of a tan, either by exposure to the sun, or artificially.
- (informal) A spanking.
- tan someone’s hide
Please follow and like us: