what is difference between flyblown and maggoty
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈflaɪˌbləʊn/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈflaɪˌbloʊn/
flyblown (comparative more flyblown, superlative most flyblown)
- contaminated with flyblows
- Stinking and fly-blown lies here at our feet.
- sordid, squalid
maggot + -y.
- IPA(key): /ˈmæɡəti/
maggoty (comparative more maggoty, superlative most maggoty)
- (literally) Infested with and/or partially eaten by maggots; flyblown.
- (obsolete) Full of whims; capricious.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Norris to this entry?)
- maggotish (obsolete)
Please follow and like us: