what is difference between foretelling and prediction
- present participle of foretell
foretelling (plural foretellings)
- foretellings of doom
- prædiction (archaic)
Borrowed from Latin praedictio, praedictionis; equivalent to predict + -ion. Equivalent to Germanic forespeaking, foretale, foretelling.
- IPA(key): /pɹɪˈdɪkʃn/
prediction (plural predictions)
- A statement of what will happen in the future.
- Synonyms: forecast, foretale, foretelling, prognosis, prognostication
- “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future.” Yogi Berra or Robert Storm Petersen (in translation from Danish)
- A probability estimation based on statistical methods.