what is difference between forgoing and renunciation
- present participle of forgo
(This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.)
renunciation (countable and uncountable, plural renunciations)
- the act of rejecting or renouncing something as invalid
- The President’s renunciation of the treaty has upset Congress.
- The life of the spirit demands readiness for renunciation when the occasion arises…
- the resignation of an ecclesiastical office
- The bishop’s renunciation was on account of his ill health.
- (law) The act by which a person abandons a right acquired, but without transferring it to another.
- (Christianity) In the Anglican baptismal service, the part in which the candidate in person or by his sureties renounces the Devil and all his works.
- renunciation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- renunciation in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
Please follow and like us: