what is difference between formalities and formality
- plural of formality
From Middle French formalité. equivalent to formal + -ity.
- Rhymes: -ælɪti
formality (countable and uncountable, plural formalities)
- (uncountable) The state of being formal.
- Something said or done as a matter of form.
- A customary ritual without new or unique meaning.
- (countable) A specific requirement for obtaining a legal status, conducting a transaction, etc.
- formality in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- formality in The Century Dictionary, New York, N.Y.: The Century Co., 1911.
Please follow and like us: